Thursday, March 20, 2008

Greetings from Portsmouth

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:04:53




Sister & President Swinton
with Elder Warner
at the London Temple


OK the picture- top row: McConkie, Wood, King, and Tuttle.
Bottom row: ME!!!!, Lovell, Martin, and Shunke.
Tuttle and Shunke are in my district in Chichester,
Wood and Lovell are in London, and King and Martin are in Plymouth.

So ya, my first area-my training area-is Portsmouth. I’m in the city and it’s a little crazy. I’ve only got 10 min so I’ll be quick. Happy Birthday Cory! The ride down was crappy. We got up at 4:30 yesterday and left at six. It took a little over 4 hours to drive to the London temple going an average of 90-95 mph. The taxi driver was nuts and his car was tiny. My legs still hurt from the ride. I got to do a session yesterday with President and Sister Swinton. This morning we all found out our trainers. Mine is E. McConkie. He’s from SLC and yes he's related to Bruce R. McConkie. He’s his grandson. He’s really cool and nice. Our flat is with a member named Margaret and she's really nice. The living conditions are really low key compared to what I’m used to, and I’m told that it's one of the nicer flats in the mission so it should be fun.

My address is:
#70 ORIEL RD
NORTHEND
P02 9EQ
PORTSMOUTH
ENGLAND

I hope to hear from some of you soon. Mom tell Lance and them to write me by post, e-mail is just too hard with only a half hour right now. We’ve got my first appointment tonight at 8 and a baptism scheduled on Saturday. The guy has a size 56 waist, which should be pretty interesting. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon. I’ve also been told to have packages be sent there too.

-Elder Warner

No comments: