Wednesday, March 26, 2008

1st Official Week

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:39:10

Dear wonderful family and friends-
The field is great! I've been humbled quite a bit. Bill's baptism on Saturday was really....interesting. We waited 45 min. for a bishopric member to show. We couldn't believe that Bill didn't leave, but all is well, he stayed and we had a good service. He got confirmed on Sunday, which was really neat to be a part of.


Also we had an investigator who came to church with us, Julian. He's a black guy from Reading(redding) and is at Portsmouth Uni. He's so golden. He wants to be "born again" and is really receptive. We even have a baptismal date set on the 5th. I know it's conference weekend. We're doing it between sessions. IT'S CRAZY. We're so blessed here. People like Julian are great. They help us keep going after you meet so many harsh people street contacting. It's weird that so many people can be so bitter and so close minded. To some people we're invisible. One guy accused what McConkie and I do as a non-charitable thing. I hate misunderstandings with people out here. It's hard to love some of these people, but I'm a work in progress. Teaching can be scary, but I'm getting better. I know the doctrine, just not so much how to teach it, if that makes sense. Well I just tried to get more time. It's not going to happen. I'll try to make it back in later today, but if not, I love you all. Sorry I couldn't get through all e-mails. You all have my address so start ringing in the letters :-). Till next time(hopefully today).

Elder Warner

No comments: