Sunday, March 9, 2008

'ello from England

'ello from the island across the pond...
I don't have a whole lot of time left and I still have e-mails to read. Forgive me if I spell horribly. The week has seemed to go by somewhat quick, but I do feel like I've been away for a long time and it also feels like the days are pretty much just one long one. Not a whole lot has changed with me seeing as I have basically the same routine every day, with a few minor changes. This week was a great start to my work. We had three really good speakers come, two were unexpected. we heard from two men from the area presidency- Presidents Johnson and Kerr, and the Preston Temple pres., President Jones. They all gave inspiring messages. Last night is when Pres. Kerr came. He's from Scotland and was full of confidence in the missionaries here. I've never felt the spirit so strong in my life. It was as if he was speaking directly to me. I talked to one of my roomates after and he said he was bored. It's funny how the spirit works that way, but it was what I needed. There is no way I could possible deny that this gospel is the gospel of Jesus Christ restored on the earth. Speaking of restoration, E. Mark Peteru, my companion from Sydney, Australia(mom) and I had a "milestone" which tested our improvement. We taught the restoration and did great. It's such a confidence booster having the spirit with you when you teach.
I'm glad to hear that everything went well with John's wedding. My temple experience was great. The temple is no more than a 5 min. walk from our rooms and it's massive. The celestial room is amazing and I hope some of you get the opportunity to come here some time. I'm blessed enough to get to go twice more.
It looks like I left home just in time. Everyone is getting sick and the old guys in our area are getting older. Pres. Aardema will be in my prayers, the little ones as well. Dad you better not be getting any crazy sicknesses while I'm gone. Kayti- thanks for the lingo. I've learned a bit about the language and even started naturally using some with a couple words accented here and there. I haven't heard of guff before, but to answer your question; yes we have farted around each other. We're like brothers, E. Patterson, E. Morgan, E. Peteru and myself. (fyi. it's Pe-teh-rue). We haven't gotten to sleep on time yet because of all the stories and jokes and conversations. It's been a lot of fun.
Dont worry, I'll get Kendall's name in on Tuesday, it'll be ok. The same with Em. Kami- I'm sorry I didn't send anything for Brookie's b-day. I'm limited to supplies and the time frame for letters and such is still kind of a mystery for me. It's good to know she had a good b-day and fun time skiing ;-). I've been thinking about her and how she never likes to be held by me, just Elyse.:-) Karli- I'm so glad to hear about you and Kathryn. She's such a wonderful little girl. I get choked up every time I read your e-mails. I'm proud to hear that you've been so faithful during this time in your life. We'll only grow from our trials. Just know that the Lord is always with us and loves us. Mom- I'm still figuring out things here. I dont have a cord to hook my camera up to the computer to so I'll try to find a place to make a cd with. I dunno about that package. Elyse sent me one full of goodies. I've barely put a dent in it. She sent it the day I left and I got it on Tuesday or Wednesday, I can't really remember, but just make sure you have time to get it to me. I'd really like to get some letters from people every once in a while. That way I'll have more time to e-mail back. Dont worry about me not sharing everything with you. I've been persistant in keeping my journal. Life is so good and I can't believe how blessed I am. Kurt and Alyssa I keep praying for you and your little Emilee. You two will be alright. I'm sorry I don't have more time to write more. I skimmed those e-mails in my box as fast as I could and still only have a couple minutes left, they cut our time down. I dunno if you're forewarding these e-mails to my friends or not mom, but if you could to Lance and those guys. Tell em I'm trying to find time to write whenever I can, but it's not working out so well. I've gotten posts from Chad and both Mitches so I've written them back. Tomorrow I have about six hours of rest and study time so I'll do my best. I love you all, thank you so much for all your love and support. You're all in my prayers,
Until next week.
-Elder Kyle Warner

No comments: