Monday, May 25, 2009

Another shorty....

Monday, May 25, 2009 5:42 AM
Boy I bet you guys are going to love me now. I've only got 30 minutes again. We ended up coming down to Paignton today and are in some small internet cafe. Everyone's already started e-mailing so I've got to be quick. I know I promised pictures this week too, but it'll have to wait until next week, sorry.
A lot happened this week. We saw Dominic Mon, Thu, and Fri. He's doing well. He is taking in as much has his 11 yr old brain can. He even bore us his testimony of prayer. On Thursday we asked him how he's felt since he started praying and he told us of how he's been worried about his exams. The other night he prayed about them and in the morning he felt relaxed and not at all worried about them. He said something to the effect, "I know it was because I prayed. He's a great lad.
Ed is doing alright. Still a bit stressed and kind of questioning getting baptized, but still wants to go through with everything. The baptism is scheduled for this Sunday at 6 pm. He's been taught everything he needs to so it's just up to him holding up to opposition.
Tuesday was pretty good. The Assistants came over in the evening to do exchanges with us. I spent the evening knocking with E. Dunaway and we saw loads of miracles. It was like when Nephi went back to get the plates and was led to King Laban(being led every step of the way). We prayed loads during our knocking session and just met some really good people. Our timing was perfect. We shared so many scriptures from the Book of Mormon and the Spirit was powerful.
Unfortunately the appointments didn't go through...:-(. But at least our testimonies were deepened.
Sunday we were shown the last session of General Conference after the Sacrament. I loved it. I heard about the talks beforehand so it was nice to hear and see them. I really loved E. Bednar's talk and of course E. Perry's, but what missionary didn't :-).
This week looks pretty promising and we should be quite busy. I can't believe we're already going into week 4 of moves. Time is flying. I forgot to mention, I think, that on the 6th of June we'll be getting a coach from Exeter with the other Plymouth Zone missionaries to go to Hyde Park to hear Pres. Uchtdorf, E. Andersen, and Pres. Oaks of the Europe Area Presidency speak. They're doing a special Mission meeting for us and the London Mission. Everyone in the mission is well excited for it. Anywho, I better get reading some e-mails. My apologies if I don't respond to everyone who wrote me. Love ya!
Elder Warner

1 comment:

The other me said...

Hello! As I type your brother is here marking a book of mormon ready to give out this evening...can I email the pictures I just took to you?