Monday, February 23, 2009

Fasting for 40!

Monday, February 23, 2009 4:27 AM
Wel,l my week wasn't the most eventful yet, but not bad. We had some really good things happen. Unfortunately we've had to let a lot of people go, but we're now preparing Becky for baptism on the 7th of March. We're also teaching a South African family that is really prepared and should hopefully want to prepare for baptism soon.
On Thursday we had Zone Conference in Reading. It was amazing. It was unreal how powerful the spirit was. We're now doing something special, kind of what we've done before though. We're fasting for 40 days, not from food, but from things that may distract us from the Spirit's influence. Its crazy how many little things make you lose your focus. The intent is obviously not just for 40 days, but by the end of the 40 days we should be changed, more spiritually in tune, and not go back to those things. We've done one before, but it's time to do another. I really like it. It helps my focus on the reality and seriousness of my calling.
We've had a couple other visits with Becky this week and she's doing great. All is well in the work. Things are going to pick up quickly this week, I think. The weather has been really nice lately. It's been in the mid 40's-low 50's F. A bit better than home I presume? :-). Anywho, the pictures are:
E. Karges and myself at Zone Conference and
a house in Oxford that has a shark body diving in.
It's pretty funny. I heard that no insurance companies will take it.
Love ya!
Elder Warner
(ONLY 5 MORE DAYS UNTIL.......HUMP DAY!!!!)

No comments: