Monday, March 2, 2009

Three's company

Monday, March 2, 2009 4:01 AM
Well this week went by really fast. I forgot my connector for my camera in the flat so you'll have to wait till next week for pictures. I'll just touch on the highlights.
Tuesday after District Meeting in Reading I headed back to Oxford with E. Lindsay for an exchange. It went quite well...About an hour after being back in Oxford I realized that I only got the phone from E. White, not the keys to the flat. They were with him in Newbury! We couldn't really do much because we had teaches in the evening. We saw Becky and she's doing great. During the teach I got a phone call from President Swinton and he informed me that we were getting a new companion. His name is E. Keeble from up north in Halifx, Yorkshire, my first British companion. It was an exciting night. We also saw our Hindu friend, but we've since lost contact with her. Afterwards we tried to break into the flat, but it just wasn't working so we ended up having to drive to Newbury to get the flat keys from E. White and got home just before 10:30 :-).
Wednesday morning, E. White came back. We did a bit of finding then we had to rearrange the flat a bit to make room for a third bed in the bedroom. E. Keeble arrived around 4 then we spent the rest of the evening teaching. We saw Clemencia and Chris who are doing great! We saw them again on Saturday and they're now going to be baptized on the 28th of March. They came to church and loved it. We also saw the South African couple in the evening and they're alright, but were away for the weekend.
Thursday we helped a member and her husband move house. We saw Becky again then did some finding. Becky is getting all set for her baptism on Saturday. She's just got to be interviewed and she's good to go. It's been interesting being in a Tri. I was quite nervous for it because I wasn't sure how it was going to work, but I like it. We've gotten a lot of work done since he's been here. E. Keeble is a good missionary so it makes it a lot easier.
We had a good turnout at church. Becky came, of course, Clemencia and Chris, and another investigator and her daughter. It was a pretty good day. We're working things out quite well as a Tri and we all get along easy. Today we're going to Reading for a Zone P-day so that's why my e-mail is all over the place. I'm in a hurry. I'll have pictures next week. Love ya! The Church is true!
Elder Kyle Warner

No comments: