Monday, February 2, 2009

I looked out the window...

Monday, February 2, 2009 5:04 AM
And what did I see?
Snow?!??!
It snowed last night and has been snowing off and on all morning. Not much has stuck though. Not even an inch, really, but I hear it's going to continue over the next few days. It's been an interesting week. Tuesday I was on exchanges with E. Wetherill from Newbury and we had one of the most spiritual teaches about The Restoration I've had all mission. We had a member with us and almost all four of us were a bit teary eyed as I finished quoting the 1st Vision. It was amazing. The spirit was so strong within me as I quoted it. It gave me a deeper testimony of it's reality. It was the woman that let us in Sunday night. She loved the teach and we'll try to extend a baptismal date to her tomorrow.
Wednesday we taught a member referral who was pretty cool. She has been to a temple open house, seen the Joseph Smith film, and is burning through the Book of Mormon. We taught Michael the Word of Wisdom on Friday and he took it quite well. He's really interested in the D&C and wants one of his own. Saturday was interesting. We had a lot of teaches set up, but 3 of the cancelled. I saw E-man (from Portsmouth). He was in Oxford with his brother Tom, who's in our ward. He's doing well and if you remember Allison, E-man's girlfriend that I taught with McConkie and Dutson? She's no longer his girlfriend. They're engaged and she's going to be taught the lessons again. I was so excited to hear the news. E. Karges will be teaching her too so it's a cool tie. In the evening we taught Lydia and she accepted a baptismal date for 28 Feb. That's really good news too.
I think this week should be pretty good. It's week 5 of moves so that means that next week. We'll have P-day/Moves on Thursday. I'm not sure what will happen. Anything could, really. Elder White and I have both been here for the same amount of time so we'll just have to see.
That was pretty much my week. I should be sending home another DVD full of pictures and video clips for ya. The picture is the view outside my window just before I studied this morning. LOVE YA!!
Elder Kyle Warner

No comments: