Monday, October 27, 2008

Yet another week in Oxford

Monday, October 20, 2008 3:31 AM
It's a bit weird on what I'm writing on now seeing as it's Monday. I think it will take me a few weeks to get used to the change, but it's for the better I think.
Monday we taught Tiff in Christchurch Meadows (near Christchurch College, fun fact: it's where the dining hall was filmed in Harry Potter. We'll be touring it in the coming weeks). She's got a lot going on in her life and is playing with the idea of moving back to China so we'll see what happens. I don't have my planner with me so I'm struggling to remember what we did this week. We saw Tina a couple times. She's not too keen on coming to Church, but we'll see what we can do for her. We also had a DA just outside of town with an American couple, the Bowmans, which was quite nice. Bro. Bowman served in the Ogden mission, but the closest he was to our home was Syracuse (his favorite area). We also taught a couple students from the States, but they were more interested in asking questions about the Church instead of joining it. Again, we'll see if we can help them with that, if they'll just pray about it. We also had a nice DA with the Toothill family. They're a really nice family and Sister Toothill is now fixing a couple pairs of my trousers :-).
Thursday was amazing. We had Temple Conference, which only happens once a year. We got to have it in the newly re-furbished visitor's center. The Swintons have been working really hard to make it happen and now it finally has. There's a large Christus, a few small information stations and a theatre where people can watch church films. We went through the temple and I didn't realize how much I missed it until I was inside and felt the wonderful peace that's there. I loved it. Afterwards we travelled home, which took ages because of traffic. What normally is a 2 hour trip was almost 4. But we arrived safely so all is well.
Yesterday we taught a woman named Juliet and her son Santos from Nigeria. They enjoyed the Book of Mormon, but it's going to be hard to get their family of five to Church. The Lord will provide a way, I'm sure. That's pretty much my week. I'm going to get started on reading e-mails. Love you all! Have a good one.
Elder Kyle Warner

No comments: