Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wow, what a week!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:45 AM
Wednesday was pretty fun. We played some American and European football on a grassy area near the London Eye. We also saw Parliament. Obviously we couldn't go up next to it because it's across the river which is out of our mission, but it was still cool.
E. Martin and I across the river from Parliament
E. Harding and myself

My mission family - E. Gardner who trained E. McConkie who trained me and is now training my mission brother E. Herbertson
My district (E. Harding, E. Church, E. Martin, E. Warner)

I stayed the night in Peckham and worked with E. Talbot. It was a pretty sweet night and day there. We were fed a couple times. Wednesday night we were fed by some of his investigators a dish called coos coos (I have no idea how to spell it). I'm not sure where it came from but it was really good. Thursday we had lunch with some members from Jamaica. They made some amazing food too. It was a pasta with sauce, a couple veggies and...are you ready for this?? Shrimp! It wasn't too bad.
When I got back into Catford we taught James and had an amazing teach with him about the Plan of Salvation. He loved it. Friday was Zone Conference in Crawley. I was able to have a nice little reunion with E. McConkie and met my mission brother and my mission grandpa. Because of trains getting back we didn't get back in the area till about 8:30 so that was pretty much our day. Saturday we saw James again and we talked about the Book of Mormon. He loves it. It's interesting because he was brought up in another church and even studied to be a priest in it, but never was able to find answers about the bible and other things (i.e. Adam & eve). Then he met us, we introduced him to the Book of Mormon, and it has been answering questions that he's had for years that even some of the most learned men in other churches can't answer. It's really rewarding to see the Book of Mormon light up people's lives. Sunday was a special day. E. Martin and E. Church had a baptism before church. E. Martin volunteered us four to sing a musical number as part of the program. We sang Come thou fount of every blessing. I recorded it on my tape. I'll let you think of it what you will :-). President and Sister Swinton showed up at our ward and stayed for all three meetings. It was fun to see them again, even though we just saw them on Friday. We started teaching a man from Uganda named Isaac that night as well.
Monday was interesting because E. Church wasn't feeling too well so I held District Meeting in our flat with just the three of us while E. Church slept. We gave him a blessing and he's fine now, just a small stomach issue. E. Harding and I visited James and committed him to be baptized, but not for a date because we didn't get a chance to pray about it and he accepted. Afterwards we went to a member's house for dinner with Isaac and it turns out that they're both from the same part of Uganda so that connection is pretty cool.
Yesterday was amazing! We taught a lady named Angela and her son Torek which went well. It was a little different teaching a 9 yr old but I liked it. We saw Stacia as well and taught her about the Plan of Salvation and she liked it. We hurried and visited James after our Correlation with the Ward Mission Leader and committed him to be baptized on the 17th of August. That morning E. Harding and I prayed to know a date and as soon as we finished praying we both knew. James was excited for it and is now preparing for that day. Today is going to be a lax day. We’ll be staying in our area and hopefully I’ll be able to write some letters.....we'll see :-). I did attach some pictures, however. Sorry I don't have more. I haven't really been taking much. I'll try to do better. Anywho, I better wrap up. Hope all is well. I look forward to reading some good e-mails next week. Love you all!

Elder Kyle Warner

No comments: