Wednesday, April 30, 2008

chiesht???

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:18

Hello everyone! Man, that last week went by really quick. I'm sorry about that e-mail. I'm still a little upset about it. I'll be much more careful this week with what I click. f.y.i- my subject is how I think you spell hello in Polish. There are loads of Polish people here.
Not too much happened last week. On Sunday we had to meet an investigator, Louise, for church beforehand and walk with her and her two kids. They live about 25 min. from us and then back another 15 or so to the church. It started raining about 10 min. away from the flat and I forgot to grab my umbrella on the way out so my suit was drenched for Sacrament Meeting. I had to let my jacket hang up in the cultural hall all throughout church. On Monday we got to see Julian again!! We finally made contact with him and kind of reset a baptismal date for the 10th. We also have two others for the 17th so hopefully things will go as planned. On Monday we found out that a couple that we've been teaching is engaged! It was so cool to hear the news. They're going to get married in Ghana over the summer. Yesterday was so rainy. We were walking in it all day and rarely would anyone stop, that is if we found someone on the streets. We got quite wet and so did our bags and things inside of them. My camera got wet and almost ruined too. The lens couldn't focus at all. I was quite worried. I'd say we had our first real rain day in a while and it wasn't too fun. When it rains here the wind blows too so practically everything, but your face gets wet if you have an umbrella.
We had a really nice DA with a guy in our ward named Luke, and his girlfriend, Nicole. That's pretty much our week, not too eventful, but still alright. I hope you're all doing well. I'm going to try responding to everyone's e-mails individually this week so we'll see how it goes.
We're a little worried about the post. Some kind of tax hike has happened on the postage and everything costs a little more now. We think the Royal Mail may be holding some of our stuff because there isn't enough postage on them, but we'll try to get to the bottom of it.
Take care for now. I love you all!
Elder Warner

No comments: