Thursday, July 23, 2009

Familiar face

Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:57 AM
Well, Moves news: E. McLachlan has left me to go to Eastbourne to be with E. Meats. I'm now with E. Byrd from Dallas, Texas. I served around him when I was in Oxford and he was in Newbury so things should go pretty well this moves. We shouldn't take much time getting to know each other either. My time is short so I'll just give you some quick updates.
We've dropped the baptismal date with one woman because she wants to take it a bit slow. The younger woman that we're teaching is doing alright in progressing towards baptism on the first of August. We're going to hopefully set a couple more dates this next week and have a successful next moves. It's nice finally having things moving a bit in the area after working it for 3 months. Heavenly Father has really blessed us and his children.
We've been working with a woman who (I think I've already mentioned) was less-active for many years and is now coming back to the Church. It's been the most rewarding experience of my time here in Newton Abbot. We taught her the Plan of Salvation yesterday and it was very spiritual. When we finished she asked something like, "What about children who die young?" That's when the Book of Mormon comes in to answer a question of the soul. As I read to her from Moroni 8 the Spirit filled the room and tears came from her eyes as she gained a sure witness that her baby boy whom she lost years and years ago is with Heavenly Father, waiting for her.
I was deeply humbled by this experience bringing her back. She's a wonderful lady with loads of faith. I love it. I'm so grateful to be an instrument in the Lord's hands. Sorry to make it short. I've got a lot to read so I'll hear from you again on Monday! Love ya!
Elder Warner

No comments: