Monday, December 15, 2008

What pigeon?

Monday, December 15, 2008 4:36 AM
Well it's getting a lot closer to Christmas!! It's been an alright week. Really busy too. I was on exchange in Newbury on Tuesday and part of Wednesday with Elder Wetherill. It was pretty good. We knocked the whole time, but didn't get in, sadly. Wednesday I had a fun experience...On the way home from the train station in Oxford, Elder White and I were walking along and I felt something hit my head-like a raindrop. I looked up to see where it came from, but there wasn't any edge of a building that could have dripped on me. I looked at the grocery bag I was carrying in my hand and there was bird poop on it. Guess what was on my head too! Even on my left shoulder. Later I found more on my backpack and shirt collar. That was at least 3 different splats on me all at once! I had to change my shirt, wash my hair and such before we went out to work. I suppose there's a first for everything, even getting bombed by pigeons.... Our luck changed however. In the evening Elder White and I got in knocking and taught a man. He's not a new investigator, but he was really open. We'll try to contact him again in the future.
Thursday night we taught a guy named Nathan. He knew his Bible really well. So instead of a "teach" it was more a discussion of verses (not bashy though). We left him a Book of Mormon and told him to read and pray.
Friday we were blessed to get in knocking again. We taught an Indian woman. She was really nice and we'll be seeing her again on Thursday. We taught a Zimbabwean family in the evening who was such a great family-very Christ-centered. They're extremely busy so they can't really come to church, sadly.
Saturday was amazing as well. We taught a man named Karl. He's doing alright. He's a great guy who is really interested in the Book of Mormon. In the evening we knocked in again to a man named Pete. He's quite wealthy, but admitted that his wealth wasn't bringing him the satisfaction and happiness that he wanted in life. We explained to him that wealth isn't a bad thing, but true and lasting happiness comes from the Gospel. We taught him how to pray then went to our Ward Christmas Party. They had a Jerusalem theme that was pretty neat. Lots of good food and a really good presentation of the nativity with the primary children. My time is short because we have to go to Reading (Redding) for a small meeting at the Zone Leaders flat, but I love you and I'll talk to you a week from Thursday!!
Take Care,
Elder Kyle Warner

No comments: