Thursday, November 20, 2008

Loads of blessings

Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:57 AM
Sorry about not telling you it was moves week this past week. Oh well. A lot has happened since I wrote last. My birthday went well. I got mom and dad's package in the morning, which had cake mix and frosting in it. I made the cake for District meeting and it was really good. Maybe I'll be a chef when I get home ;-).
We struggled the first part of last week, but many miracles followed. Wednesday we ran into a member who just so happened to work with Eveline's husband. It made me think to call Eveline to invite her to a ward activity on Thursday so I gave her a ring and finally got a hold of her. Sue (the member) gave Eveline a lift to the activity and they really enjoyed it. We then invited her to go to Reading with us on Saturday to see a baptism. That worked out as well and she loved the baptism. She felt the spirit very strongly so E. Schunke and I asked her if she was ready to prepare herself for the 6th of December to be baptized. She excitedly accepted the commitment. We've seen her almost daily since then. She loved church and is looking forward to it. She was well prepared by the Lord for us. We didn't really do anything, but open our mouths.
Friday we knocked into two families on the same street! One was a woman who hadn't been to church in years and the other we'd met on the street before. It's been tough to see them since, but my faith and testimony of asking for righteous desires (like families to teach) and receiving has grown immensely this past week.
This past Tuesday was our last District Meeting of the moves and we held it at the Oxford Chapel. Afterwards we saw Eveline and she was still getting more and more excited for her date. I also got a phone call that night from President Swinton telling me that he was releasing and moving E. Jones and I was being called to be the new District Leader in the Oxford District. Yesterday morning we got even more surprising news. Because only one Elder and one Sister came in yesterday they had to condense some areas. E. Schunke has now moved to Staines (living with E. McConkie I think) and E. Jones' companion, E. White, is now my companion. So we just picked up each others' investigators and we're back to a two man area. It was really surprising, but E. White and I are excited. I've got loads of pictures, but the computer isn't working. I'll do my best. Anywho, I'm excited to be in Oxford again, especially for Christmas. I think it'll be really good. Well I better get reading e-mails. I love you all and I'll talk to you on MONDAY (this Monday)!
-Elder Kyle Warner

No comments: