Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last Week???

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 7:43 AM
Wow I realized today that this is the last full week of this transfer cycle. Next Thursday is moves so I'll be e-mailing then. I am pretty sure that I'm staying in London, but we'll see. I can't believe how fast this moves has gone.
It's been a pretty interesting week so I'll just get started. Wednesday E. Harding and I picked up a new investigator named Matthew. He was so prepared to hear our message, but because of some things going on in his life right now he can't see us for a while.
Thursday was our Zone Meeting in Peckham. It was amazing. The spirit was so strong. We talked a lot about how to help the people we teach better understand their need for baptism with the right authority. In the evening we had dinner with the Mafikenny family from Zimbabwe and it was really good. I love African food :-). We taught Gloria afterwards with a member named Stella and it was quite spiritual. We committed her to be baptized, but not for a sure date. That will hopefully be extended this Friday.
Friday was all over the place. We taught one of our newer investigators and she invited her nieces to come and be taught as well. It was yet another amazing teach, but sadly the two nieces live back towards the coast near a place called Salisbury. The rest of the day was spent pretty much finding. Saturday was amazing. In the evening we taught Stacia with Catlynn (if you remember her) about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I started to bring up baptism a bit to her and she just laughed, but I'm sure she will be eventually. She locked herself out of her room so E. Harding climbed up their flat to get to her window and unlock it. It was quite interesting (sorry, no pictures). Stacia was our only investigator at Church on Sunday. Sadly, E. Church was sick so he and E. Martin stayed home. After Church the ward helped us out and two elders did splits with E. Martin and E. Harding while I stayed with E. Church for the evening.
E. Church was still sick on Monday so we held District Meeting at the flat which was still pretty spiritual. I ended up only doing a bit of finding then staying with E. Church in the evening again so E. Martin could do some work with a new investigator they have. The same thing happened yesterday, but I was out working for most of the day. E. Harding and I taught a recent convert and found a bit. It felt so good to be out talking to people again. We taught Stacia with Catlynn again and got Stacia's partner to sit in. We watched the Restoration DVD and invited them to have family prayer last night. We told them we would call and ask how it went at 10 pm. They called us 5 minutes early and told us that they felt closer by doing so and it really made our night.
Now that you're still wondering about E. Church.... He's doing better; we think it was a bit of a stomach flu, nothing too serious. This morning E. Harding and I took our Theory (written) test for our Driver's Licenses. It wasn't too hard. I passed thankfully. Now I just have to do the driving test, which I hear is pretty tough.
We toured a bit afterwards because it was up by the Tower Bridge.

We also toured the Southwark Cathedral, which was nice.

E. Harding and I celebrating his 3 month mark with some Ben & Jerry's.

That's pretty much my week. Still working hard to find new people and to bring them to the waters of baptism. I guess I'll talk to ya next week, maybe from a new area, maybe not, we'll see :-).

Elder Kyle Warner

No comments: