Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Heat Wave

Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:44

Well hello again. It's been a while :-)
It's been an interesting week. As you can see from my subject it's been really hot lately. I'm not used to the heat yet, maybe in a week or so, but by then I'm sure we'll have some more rain.
The week was quite eventful. Obviously we had a baptism. Luke and Dean were baptized on Saturday, confirmed on Sunday, and next Sunday Luke will be ordained a deacon. It was so cool to be apart of it all. The baptism went really well and all E. McConkie and I had to do was take care of the font and offer the prayers. There were a lot of people from the ward there too so it made it a little more special for them. I attached a picture of us at the baptism.

Dean is next to me, he's 11 and Luke is next to him, he's 12.
The other picture is for you mom.

I tried to send it last week, but the computer that I was using had broken USB ports.
On Monday we had a DA with the Wield family. The meal was really healthy and tasty. I ate cucumbers, tomatoes, and a few other veggies you wouldn't think of me eating. It's crazy how my pickiness in food went out the window when I got here. You guys won't even recognize me when I get home. :-) Last night we taught the investigator from Trinidad at the Parkes'. The house was chaotic and loud as usual and I loved every minute of it. We get fed so well when we go there. Ben, he's the youngest @ 5 yrs old, is hilarious. He blessed the food at dinner and his prayer went something like this. "Dear Heavenly Father, please help Jared(his brother who he was fighting with before the prayer) and I to stop fighting, please help me to not be mad at him. We're thankful for the food and the missionaries,(at this point E. McConkie snickered along with Jared) and please help people not to laugh during prayers, in Jesus' name, Amen." He was serious the whole time, everyone was laughing afterwards. After dinner we taught Hayden about the Restoration and it was quite spiritual, one of the best firsts we've had so far.
Today we're going to go tour the warships down in the Harbor so E-mail will be short today. Sorry. I really enjoyed talking to you all on Sunday. I love and miss you all. Till next week.
-Elder Kyle Warner

No comments: