Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pretty good......

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:12 AM
Not a bad week at all. I'm going to jump right into it. Wednesday evening we saw Gloria who is getting really close to getting a date (hopefully tonight). We also saw Austin & Rose. They're doing alright, but a bit tough to get to church because of their work schedule. They’ve said that they know the Book of Mormon is true, but they aren't being too dedicated. Thursday we did loads of finding and taught a guy named Collin from Nigeria. He's pretty good, but a bit floggy.
Friday was amazing! Presidents Kopischke and Caussé from the Area General Authority came and gave our Zone Conference in Crawley. They were so spiritual and fun. It was a massive boost of motivation for the rest of moves. The spirit was so strong. We were pretty blessed to have them. It's just as special as having an apostle. In the evening we saw Hyacinth and Nelicia ready to give them dates for baptism, but found out that Hyacinth is going to Jamaica on Holiday for a month...:-I.
Saturday we had a short visit with Stacia and Andrew who are doing pretty good. They should be moved out within the next month or so and be married-hopefully baptized by Christmas. Church went alright on Sunday. Gloria was the only one who came. Everyone else that was committed was sick, sadly. We taught that man named Pedro from Mozambique and his daughter as well. It went pretty well. We taught another guy named Issa, but unfortunately he is moved to Peckham's area now.
Monday Elder Karges went to Peckham for an exchange with the ZL's. I worked with Elder Barker. It wasn't a bad day. Mostly finding, but I learned a lot from him. Tuesday morning we switched back and Elder Karges and I did some finding before seeing Terry. He's struggling a little. He believes everything we've taught and knows it's true, but is a bit afraid because he's been in another faith for 24 years so the change scares him a little. By next e-mail he should have a baptismal date. The rest of the evening was spent finding. Today we just finished playing some footi and this evening Elder Karges and I are going to go on splits with our Bishop and Elders Quorum President. He'll be teaching Gloria and committing her for baptism one last try and I'll be seeing Pedro and his family. Hopefully all will go well. I can't believe we're already on week 4 of this moves. Time is just slipping away, which is good and sometimes sad. I love the work. I feel like I might be getting the hang of it, which means that I might be hit with some "fast balls" soon ;-). Well hey, I love you all. I should probably let you know that I KNOW this church is true. I'm reminded daily. So is the Book of Mormon. Be safe, and I look forward to next week.
Elder Kyle Warner

No comments: